Friday, November 30, 2012

2001 Space Odyssey Review


2001 Space Odyssey Review
I have just watched this video and honestly it makes no sense to me at all. All that I understand that happens is that a bunch of gorilla go crazy and stand at a random pole in the middle of the wilderness. Also I saw a gorilla smashing bones with another bone. It confused me.  The main characters in this video are a bunch of gorillas. I am not sure what device the director used to change the scenes. The gorillas in this video seemed to be communicating. I wasn’t sure what they were saying to each other but it sure seemed like they were talking to each other. There is a pole thing and it starts making noises. They gorillas seem to be afraid of it at first but then they touch it. Then the sun starts shining over the pole. The characters don’t seem to be very intelligent but in the end it seems like one of the gorillas finally understands life. After the sun goes over the pole the pole goes away and it shows all the gorillas walking around a big pile of bones. All of the gorillas leave except for one. This one gorilla picks up one of the bones and he starts hitting the other bones with it. It seems as if he’s found some use for the bone. Then all of a sudden it shows a random animal getting hurt every time he hits the bones together. I think that maybe he is transforming into a human and learning how to use his arms and stuff, but I honestly have no clue what this video is about. At the very end he throws the bone into the air. Then it shows space with a space shuttle or something floating in the air. I thought that maybe it represents how man was supposedly made, although I do not believe in evolution. 

No comments:

Post a Comment